SimpliVity OmniStack hyperconverged infrastructure virtualizes data and assimilates all IT infrastructure and services below the hypervisor into x86 building blocks. SimpliVity assimilates 8 to 12 core data center solutions including hypervisor, compute, storage, network switching, backup, replication, cloud gateway, caching, WAN optimization and more. With three-fold total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction, SimpliVity delivers the best of both worlds: the enterprise-class performance, protection, and resiliency requires, with the cloud economics businesses demand.
SimpliVity OmniStack is delivered as OmniCube, on Cisco UCS, or on Lenovo System x.
SimpliVity’s enabling technology:
- OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform: a globally-aware file system with data optimization techniques that enables a single, shared, scalable compute and storage resource pool across multiple sites, and provides highly-efficient data storage, management, and mobility. The OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform is architected to work with any server or OS virtualization technology, any management tool, any x86 server, and any cloud provider.
- OmniStack Accelerator Card: a purpose-built PCIe card that offloads OmniStack’s global inline deduplication, compression, and optimization processes to ensure primary CPU resources are available to serve business applications.
SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure delivers:
- Accelerated Data Efficiency: SimpliVity optimizes data at inception, reducing required storage capacity and network bandwidth while accelerating performance. SimpliVity’s global inline deduplication, compression and optimization of data at inception means less data is transferred and stored, eliminating redundant reads/writes, improving performance.
- Built-In Data Protection: Data protection is built in and ultra-efficient. Customers reduce backup times from hours to seconds, and have RPOs and RTOs that were previously unimaginable. This eliminates the need for traditional backup software and hardware solutions.
- Global Unified Management: SimpliVity globally federates management of the infrastructure within a single site and across multiple sites. SimpliVity centralizes management using familiar interfaces: VMware vCenter, VMware vRealize Automation, Cisco UCS Director, OpenStack, and more.